Throat irritation

I feel continuous irritation in my throat which makes me to cough and clear the sensation. its been there for more than 2-3 years. I have consulted ENT specialists but they say everything was fine. Since the irritation persist, it is obviously not fine. Any suggestion with the problem and solution is welcome.

Doctor Answers (1) on Throat irritation

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Rest. Get plenty of sleep and rest your voice.

Drink fluids. Drink plenty of water to keep the throat moist and prevent dehydration.

Try comforting foods and beverage. Warm liquids — broth, caffeine-free tea or warm water with honey — and cold treats such as ice pops can soothe a sore throat.

Gargle saltwater. A saltwater gargle of 1 teaspoon. Gargle the solution and then spit it out.

Humidify the air. Use a cool-air humidifier to eliminate dry air that may further irritate a sore throat or sit for several minutes in a steamy bathroom.

Consider lozenges. Lozenges can soothe a sore throat. Because lozenges are a choking hazard for young children, don't give them to children age 4 and younger.

Avoid irritants. Keep your home free from cigarette smoke and cleaning products that can irritate the throat.