Thickened endometrium.

Endometrium is thickened and measures 17.2mm small nabothian cysts noted in cervix. She has also have mulitple fibroids.she have bleeding profile. Uterus enlarged in size and measures 13.3×8.7×5.9 cm. Posterior myometrium shows 2 intramural fibroid measuring 32×30 mm and 16×20mm each. Anterior myometrium shows an intramural fibroid measuring 14 ×10mm Dear doctor the above information is of a scan report. My dr suggest removal of uterus.but while taking another opnion i got it doesnt require since nothing is felt while physical examination. Kindly advice

Dr. Deepti Gupta
Gynecologist 11 yrs exp Kolkata
Hi The fibroids are not very big and can be managed both by medication or surgery. But the endometrium is definitely thickened for her age. In my opinion the first step should be a endometrial biopsy to rule out uterine abnormalities Thanks Dr Deepti Gupta