Teeth cavity
I have a cavity and was wondering should I fill it up with silver or the tooth colour material to take care of the issue. I also do have stains on my teeth. I've been suggested to polish and scale, thereby cleaning my teeth but how often will I have to get this done.

Hello...we nowadays do tooth colored fillings (composites in our lingo) more often than silver as they do not require too much of cavity preparation, thereby preserving your actual healthy tooth, secondly composites mimic your tooth structure in strength and color, thereby being more gentler to tooth damage, they can give way but easy to repair (as compared to silver which very often leads to fracture of tooth, if cavities are big, as they are more stronger than the teeth, albiet silver fillings do last longer) As far as scaling and polishing goes, once a year should suffice, except if you are prone to severe gum problems due to some systemic internal health issues, when rarely we may do scaling once in 6 months too.. Hope you are satisfied with the answers, be free to contact in case you need more clarification...