Teeth braces (overbite)

I do have slight overbite and it looks odd. But I am 28+, so am wandering does braces work for adults? FYI, there is no gap in denture, and am not comfortable removing any.

Doctor Answers (3) on Teeth braces (overbite)

Dr. Rohit Agrawal Dehradun | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Orthodontic treatment by braces are the best treatment to correct alignment of teeth. The braces treatment can be done safely even in adulthood. Need not worry on that aspect. Only the treatment time will increase as the bones will have matured. Removing a tooth will depend once correlated clinically and radiographically. Even if the dentist advices for removal of teeth it is just for your betterment from esthetics point of view so that you look great. Have some faith.
Adult orthodontics is safe and predictable provided your gums are healthy. Get yourself examined and remember if there is no gap in your teeth then there is a real chance that you may need a couple of teeth to be removed for achieving the best result.
Braces do work for adults. If extraction is required or not ,that can be judged only after clinical examination of patient and her x-ray.