Tartar on teeth

I have tartar on the rear side of my lower front teeth and I got scaling done twice (with a gap of two years). Even though I was very very careful and took care of my teeth right after that, it starts forming in the gumline and spreads upward. Is getting scaling done the only solution? How do i get rid of this?

Doctor Answers (3) on Tartar on teeth

I hope you enjoy a meal three times a day - the very reason that you need to clean up. But there is only so much you can do.

Professional teeth cleaning Is advised - twice a year of every six months. Your dentist can advise you the best. Your eating habits contribute to the tartar build up. The tar, degrades the bone supporting your teeth. Recedes the gum line, cause bacterial infections, loosens teeth creates gaps between your teeth and last but not the least causes foul breath.

You need to get In touch with your dentist . Tc

Dr. Chaitra V. Bangalore | Dental Surgeon
hello. scaling is adviced at least once in 6 months for every1. this is because ur brush fails to reach all t difficult areas. along with brushing u need to floss everyday. if u miss flossing u will miss 40% of oral hygiene
Dr. Hiren Patel Bangalore | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
tar can be removed by only ultrasonic cleaning..
cleaning is recommended at least once in a year for everybody..
and after that you have to perform good oral hygiene.. brush twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste and use floss to remove plaque between teeth.. don't forget to clean rear area of teeth..use diluted mouthwash..