Taenia cysts
Hello,my stool test shows taenia cysts .then my doctor recommend medicine like zentel 400mg in night and fragyl 400 mg next 5 days twice a day . I can take zentel 400mg but I forget fragyl .after 4 days still some pain in my pelvic and irritation in my stomach .then suggest how I started the process of medication ,again I take zentel 400mg and next day fragyl 400 mg or direct started fragyl .is there any side effects of these medicine

Hello there. . I can understand your concern. You can take flagyl twice a day for 3 days after food. Drink lots of water and have smaller frequent meals. No need to take albendazole again . It's a single dose but you have already taken for 4 days. All the taenia would have gone. You can take a rantac 150 if you have any acidity. Consult a general physician in person for further help. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, zentel (albendazole) 400mg is a single dose tablet to treatment worm infestation. Since you have already taken no need to repeat it. And frazyl (metronidazole) 400mg,is antibacterial to treat or to prevent anaerobic infection, you continue your frazyl tablet twice a day as your doctor adviced and complete the full course. No need to take zentel tablet again.