Swollen gums for my baby

My baby is eight months old and he started developing little teeth in the front. But the gums look a bit swollen. Is it normal when the teeth develop or should I get him checked?

Dr. Syed Parveez Ali
Dentist 14 yrs exp Bangalore

Dear friend teething is an painful phenomenon but its normal. Baby usually gets mild swelling of gums, irritability, fever, diarrohea and weight loss. Consult an dentist for the needful in emergency. Its all part of normal developmental milestones of baby. Avoid bottle feeding of the baby as it impairs the normal development of oral masculature and as much as possible breast fed the baby. At night avoid feeding if its inevitable then kindly clean the babies mouth the sterile cotton.
Dr. Hiren Patel
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 5 yrs exp Bangalore

it is normal. don't worry.. it is called as teething.. your child will have irritation and pain in gums because of tooth eruption.. keep that area clean and maintain good oral hygiene...
Dr. Binu Mathews
Dentist 23 yrs exp Bangalore
Keep an eye on the baby and would advise meeting up with a dentist for clinical evaluation. Generally teething can cause mild swelling. But without a visual it's hard to tell. Ensure that the baby doesn't catch a fever as the constant irritation and handling of the area by unclean hands and finger can cause a mild infection. TC
Dr. Chaitra V.
Dental Surgeon 10 yrs exp Bangalore
swollen gums r the 1st sign that t tooth is making its way . don't worry abt tat. ur baby will have lot of irritation. make sure t kid does not keep finger in mouth. hard food like carrot should helo