diabetes-icon
Swelling in both legs
She is having thyroid from last 5_6 yrs, sometimes if she discontinue medicine that time whole body swelling but now from 8days back she doesn't stop medicine & also having regular walk Is it due to thyroid? Suggest me what to do

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal
Diabetologist 5 yrs exp Nashik

The swelling could be because of hypothyroidism, hypertension or lack of Proteins. I recommend you to get her completely evaluated.
Dr. Swapna Reddy
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Chennai
If you r thyroid patient, then if you stop medicine then swelling of whole body is common due to retension of fluid in your body. so, never stop medicines and be on regular follow up with doctor.