Swelling in adam's apple in throat
I was having discomfort in my throat for last 2-3 weeks with minor pain while swallowing. I thought it maybe due to nature of my work as requires lengthy phone calls throughout the day. However in last 2 days I noticed enlarged Adam apple in my throat and it seemed have bulged a bit. I had last week taken thyroid test & numbers seems within normal range. Any specific condition this could be or anything serious? Answers will help me take right actions immediately. Rgds, Tarun Jain

There is no condition which causes enlargement of Adam's apple as it is a rigid cartilage and hardly any disease can occur in it. Apart from the name (thyroid cartilage) it has no real relation with thyroid gland. You might be suffering from reflux laryngopharyngitis which is type of acidity related disorder which can present with throat irritation and swallowing difficulties
Consult nearby ENT specialist for confirmation of diagnosis and appropriate treatment if required

Swelling inside throat