Swelling and itching

Hello Doctor, My foreskin has swollen for the last few days and I also have some itching sensation. It, however, does not pain. I also see some redness on the head of my penis.  Is it allergic or yeast infection?  I have not had any physical relationship for more than 3 years.

Hi, the inflammation of the foreskin and glans in uncircumcised males, balanoposthitis occurs over a wide age range and may have any of multiple bacterial or fungal origins or be caused by contact dermatitides. Complex infections have been well documented, often from a poorly retractile foreskin and poor hygiene that leads to colonization and overgrowth. Treatment focuses on clearing the acute infection and preventing recurrent inflammation/infection through improved hygiene.  circumcision may be considered for refractory or recurrent balanoposthitis.