Sweeling on face

My mother is facing localised swelling on face which is caused due to blockage of oil glands according to a doctor in Bhilai (C.G). He has recommended a laser treatment for the same. My questions are: 1) Is this treatment "One-time" or needs frequent procedures of same kind at regular intervals? 2) Does it have any side-effect?

Doctor Answers (2) on Sweeling on face

Greetings. I dont quite understand the exact diagnosis - is it a cyst / or rhinophyma / sebaceous hyperplasia or what ? - if its a sebaceous cyst - its a one time treatment. rhinophyma may need few sessions. laser treatment is rather safe. kindly send in few snaps of the lesion on follow up mesaaging so that i could correctly comment on the same. warm regards.
Thanks for the query. This presentation can be seen with many skin diseases. The best option is to consult a Dermatologist in person to understand the problem and get it diagnosed. A proper treatment can then be started. Discuss the situation and hope it will be cleared in few days. Don't delay the appointment. You need to provide more information for appropriate reply.