cardiologist-icon

Sweating and high bp

Routine stress, financial stress and household arguments have led her to high BP (fluctuating in the range of 160/90 - 175/110) since a few days now. This problem has never really persisted so long neither she complained about this disorder earlier. She is sweating even in the cold winter nights of 13°C min temp. Is it merely psychological? She is also taking medication for menopause, pyridoxine and vitamin D3 namely. Is there a concern, whom should be consult a counselor or a cardiologist??

Doctor Answers (2) on Sweating and high bp

Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | General Physician
Consult with a cardiologist personally

Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist

There is no doubt that you must consult a cardiologist and get her properly examined as soon as possible. The BP that she has is really high and needs to be brought down. The unusual sweating also needs to be evaluated. It may be due to many reasons like the high BP itself, a thyroid problem etc. But as I always advise, nothing can be said until she is thoroughly examined by a doctor. So please meet a qualified cardiologist as early as possible and start the therapy. You can also refer to the topic HYPERTENSION in the KNOWLEDGE CENTER section on my website www.thefitheart.in for further details. Hope this helps. Dr Chandrashekhar Munjewar, Mumbai www.thefitheart.in