Sun tan , skin darkening

Sun tan has made my life hell... sun affects my skin very fast. it darkens my skin to a large extent. there are clearly visible line separating areas of skin exposed to sun and those which are hidden. kindly suggest a remedy. and also suggest how to reverse the effect i.e. de-tan
views-icons 190 Views 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Sun tan , skin darkening

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
If your skin did not tan, your life would be even worse. You would always burn your skin on sun exposure and eventually develop skin cancer. Tanning is a protective mechanism of the body. I would never advise de tanning treatment. Tan lines are considered to show that a person is healthy person who goes outdoors often in some cultures. Our culture of white is beautiful has made life hell for you. However if you still want to get your tan removed you could visit a dermatologist for de tanning creams or procedures like a chemical peel. Please remember that de tanning makes your skin very sensitive to sunlight and you must use a sunscreen regularly. Exposure to sunlight when undergoing de tanning treatment can cause sun burns and photosensitivity (sensitivity to sunlight). Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore