Suicidal tendency

Last night she was blackmailing me fr one thng!!and suddenly blocked me from all social sites!!it really made me mad and i tied a saree on the fan to hang myself nd hve send her the pic!!so it was really bad!!as her mother died 3years back she remains sad and after this she really got hurt real bad!!how to stop this???

Doctor Answers (1) on Suicidal tendency

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, I hope you realise that both of you were behaving immaturely. You use communication to resolve issues, you discuss the matter and to settle an argument either of you has to let it go. Most importantly, you both shouldn't have been talking until you had calmed down because talking while you are angry is only going to aggregate the matter. Now, focusing on you, it does seem like you severe anger issues and lack control of it. This is because when you are angry, you become impulsive and impulsive decisions/actions lead to regret. You have learn to be a responsible adult and think logically whether your next statement or action will have any positive effect on the situation or person. Because if not, then you might as well stay put until the matter has calmed down. Use distractions to curb your anger like, moving away from the situation, drinking cold glass of water, listening to soothing music, taking a walk, going for a run, swim etc. Your partner can also utilize these techniques to prevent hurtful arguments. Hope this helps and I hope you realise that your actions were uncalled for and that you won't do this again. You are no longer kids, and this isn't some sort of a competition of who hurts the other person more. You both need to have clarity of what you want and what are your priorities. Arguments can be settled over discussions and by respecting the individual preferences.