Suggestion abt toothpaste

Hello Sir, This is Neil here. I have some confusion regarding how should I choose the right toothpaste for me. Should I choose randomly or is there some procedure through which I can choose one. And one more very important question is that I have read something about the color stripe at the bottom of the toothpaste tube. Is it true that if its Black then its Bad as black means all chemical and if its Green its good as it mean it has all natural ingredients? Thank you in advance. Waiting for your suggestion.

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..use any herbal toothpaste. Spend five minutes for brushing and brush twice daily. Regards
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

The two important components of a toothpaste include a detergent (for removing the plaque cleared from the teeth by the toothbrush) and an abrasive (which acts like a polishing agent for the tooth)..... other components like antiseptic agents, astringents, etc might be added..... fluoride is an important component of the toothpaste but frankly speaking, majority of India comes under the high fluoride belt where the underground water provides enough fluoride for the health of the teeth and the bones..... although no major toothpaste company is manufacturing zero fluoride toothpaste in India, fluoride as such is going to benefit the teeth during the developmental stages of the teeth..... after that the effect is only on the superficial layers...... So in the nutshell, with the exception of medicated toothpastes, all the other toothpastes are basically doing more or less the same job, and the choice depends on your preference of the taste or the company..... Regards.....
Dr. Himanshu Bisht
Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon 6 yrs exp Nainital

honestly no idea about this black strip and the green one..but in general any tooth paste should have following characteristics: 1. Smooth ingredients with no rough abrasive like things, because if rough can harm the tooth surface thus letting adherence of food and bacteria resulting in decay of tooth. 2. Proper emulsifying agents as it can avoid direct trauma to the tooth surface through its nylon brushes along with carrying capacity of the food debris. These two properties are must other than these there are so many ingredients..that are pretty helpful
Dr. Sanjay Shah
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 30 yrs exp Mumbai

Dear Neil,  Dr sanjay shah here. First of all let me enlighten you regarding toothpastes.  Any good fluoride toothpaste is good enough for us.  Most important is whether you brush with the right technique and whether u use a dental floss or a water flosser...  It's the most important thing to know that u only brush around 60 to 70 percent of your teeth surfaces,  the rest of the surfaces are interdental surfaces..  So without flossing u r not doing justice to your teeth.  Having said that I personally am using the Oral B Pro Health as my preferred toothpaste.  but get regular checkup done every 6 months for keeping all ur teeth intact till u live.. Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre.  God bless u.
Dr. V.S.Nithya
Dentist 11 yrs exp Chennai
Hello Mr.Neil. Toothpastes are not only meant for cleaning your teeth, beyond that there are fluoridated toothpastes for preventing teeth decay, Pastes for reducing teeth sensitivity, Whitening toothpastes,Tartar controll pastes etc. It depends on individual needs.Consult a Dentist for a clear opinion. You dont have to worry about the coloured strips on toothpaste tubes as they are meant purely for manufacturing purpose as indicators for machines to cut off the ends of each tube. Hope its clear .Hav a great day.