diabetes-icon
Sugar Level above 400
Hi Doctor, My mother has recently check her sugar level as part of regular check up.As per report sugar leval is 440 post-breakfast and 330 pre breakfast.Doctor prescribed some medicines (Not insulin injection).As per my knowledge she never has such a high kevel of sugar previously.It used to be around190-200.So what is the impact of this high leval sugar to her health.What kind of diet need to be followed.And what need to be done to reduce the sugar leval.

Hello well her blood Sugars are really high and she needs to be started on insulin for better control of sugar.. definitely Such high Sugars will have any impact on health like affecting her vision her nerves are causing peripheral neuropathy faster or kidney damage... coming to the diet Path I would suggest to have more of green leafy vegetables and pulses and cereals and especially avoid rice as we tend to consume it more in quantity . You can also try eating Ragi, Jowar which are low glycemic index foods..Avoid potato and beetroot...We need to monitor you to set the dose..Please consult a physician..Thank you