Suffering from Knee Pain

My father in law aged about 58 is suffering from Knee pain. I m just confused which doctor consult physiotherapist or orthopedics ? Can somebody advice me
views-icons 40 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Ajay Rao
Orthopedist 9 yrs exp Bangalore
A physiotherapist advices exercise or manipulates the joints and tissues or corrects posture and gait or analyses muscle activity. Though he can diagnose basic diseases or disorders , an orthopedic surgeon is the person you should consult first as he is qualified and licensed to do so. Physiotherapists are not doctors !
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?