Suffering from hair fall
I am in merchant navy. And since i have been exposed to different waters i am now suffering from hair fall problem. About 3-4 yrs ago i had thick and dense hair growth over my head. But now my hair have become thin and also they are falling at a high rate. Plz help me out what should i do. As i am too young to loose my hair as for now. I am at home nowadays. Need some serious advice.

Dr. Sandeep Gupta

Androgenic alopecia with nutritional hair loss Apply minoxidil 5 % lotion twice daily Take high protein and iron rich diet
Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. MPB is an increasing problem in today's society. Treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results. Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala