Suffering from ADA.

Hi...I have been priscribed Morr F5% along with Karaglo and Adgain tablets and been told that I will get back all my lost hairs with original thickness. I am taking the tablets and applying MorrF 5% since three weeks. But suddenly the hair fall has increased upto 300 hairs daily. I have been told that it is because of MorrF as it increases blood supply and weak hairs can not resist it hence they fall but root remains their so new hairs will come once if is stabalized. For me it is a panic situation as I feel if hair fall continue in same pace then I will be bald very soon. Kindly advice should i continue the treatment and will i get back all lost hairs.

Doctor Answers (1) on Suffering from ADA.

Dr. Ujjwala Verma Delhi | Trichologist
hi do not panic, usually dead hair stays at scalp for 3 month ; i.e: it takes 3 month for dead hair to fall from scalp. when you start treatment with medication it increases new hair formation in the follicles. new hairs grows in the follicles which is actually beneath the older dead hair. so when hair grows from beneath it pushes dead hair to fall(3 month) . but with medication growth of new hair is faster so it forces dead hair faster to fall ( usually 2-4 wks). so coming to conclusion whatever hair fall has increased is all dead hair and they cannot be made to stick to your scalp by any mean . medicines work at follicle level and for new hairs. so need not to panic its ok it happens to everyone for initial few weeks. you will definetly improve with medication . do continue the medicines as adviced