Sudden sleep attacks!

I'm a 16 year old student ... when in college I experience sudden attacks of sleeps...is it due to the ambient temperature (AC campus),sometimes after lunch,if there is no current all day I'll stay awake,I sleep well from 11:00 pm to 4:40 am. I experience this sudden attacks during 10:30am-2:00pm My academics are disturbed and the teacher catches me,unable to write notes.

Doctor Answers (3) on Sudden sleep attacks!

you need to exercise and monitor your sleep cycle; 11:00pm to 4.40am sleep cycle is probably not enough for your body.
Dr. Akhil Chopra Jalandhar | Neuropsychiatrist
I need to know a bit more in detail abt ur sleep attacks. This can be a part of an illness called Narcolepsy. Related sleep disorders need to b ruled out. Also follow a regular sleep cycle and sleep hygiene practices. Consult a psychiatrist. He ll guide you further.
Yes, it is quite possible that the AC might cause you to feel sleepy. But nevertheless you must see a psychiatrist in person, He would examine you to see if your problem is related to any mood disorders. Your problem could also be secondary to vitamin deficiency or thyroid dysfuntion. Either way the psychiatrist will guide you through your problem and you would soon feel hundred percent fit.