cardiologist-icon
Sudden palpitations
Palpitation which generally happens at night,which makes him wake up of the sleep but with no breathlessness, relieved by simply sitting on the bed for few minutes. This is happening for last 7months. He consulted a cardiologist 2months back and all the tests came back negative,which included Normal blood profile,Normal Lipid profile,Normal ecg,Normal CXR,and echocardiography. Doctor told him its may be due tension or anxiety so prescribed him SSRIs. But the condition still persists.. According to him he is a free man with no tensions. I would like to know how to proceed with this? And what can be the reason?

Dr. Anand Nadkarni
Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon 18 yrs exp Pune

I don't think holter monitoring (24 hr ECG) has been done meet cardiologist and get it done. May reveal arrhythmia if any.