Sudden hair fall

Hi, I am suffering from a heavy hair fall from a couple of months. I had a pretty good hair couple of months back. I had long hairs and use to tie a pony tail at the back. The quality of my hairs are pretty good. They are silky and dense. Everything was fine, until a couple of months back I decided to cut short my hairs. from long to medium. I started to use hair product to set my hairs. I used TIGI bedhead, I applied it for over a month. I also used hair dryer during those times. Suddenly after a month of so my hairs started falling a lot. I thought it might be happening due to the product I used, or may be the hair dryer. I also did not oil my hair properly during those days. Now because of the hair fall, I decided to cut short my hair even further. So now my hair are 1-2 inch. The hair fall has not yet stopped. And my scalp has started to become visible, because of thinning of the hairs. The hair fall is not in a particular area, it is happening overall.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sudden hair fall

Greetings. You seem to be having diffuse hair fall. This could be because of recent physical / emotional insults or stresses and may be manifesting now - including possible damage due to a strong hair cosmetic/or straightening procedure. Also do you have any family history of alopecia. You'll need hir care lotions- those with vasodilator properties. See a qualfied dermatologist near you. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. warm regards