Stretch marks
From early second trimester I started using bio oil on my tummy, thighs, breast and lower back but I still got very bad stretch marks on my breast by the end of second trimester. I stopped using it and started using extra Virgin coconut oil instead which a few friends claimed to be good. I stopped that too after by premature delivery. I am 6.5 weeks postnatal now but haven't been using any oil for my stretch marks. What should I use on my breast for the visible stretch marks and what should I use on my tummy as it would reduce and stretch marks might start to show?

Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Dermatologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Once a stretch mark always a stretch mark. A stretch mark is a permanent damage to your dermis. It's unfortunate but true. All that you have tried were not sure shot preventive measures neither are they approved treatments. All I can reassure you is that they will fade and become close to your skin color. But there will always be a residual mark present. Regarding your lax tummy... that goes down with wait loss and abdomen exercises. But please remember, it doesn't 'flatten' out. Ideally, visit a dermatologist for a one on one discussion. I'm sure a personal meeting with a dermatologist will be far more reassuring than 'reading ' an answer like this.
Dr. Ajaya Kashyap
Thanks for your query. stretch marks are very difficult to treat. You can go in for co2 fractional laser or microneedling once your lactation period is over. For further information you can consult medpsa