cardiologist-icon

Stress positive.

After doing TMT test I was diagonised for stress positive. Doctor told me to do engiogram which I did the result was normal. Every for last five years the result is still stress positive on TMT. I have no heart issue. What precaution and medicine to take to be stress normal. Thank You
views-icons 79 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Stress positive.

2 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | General Physician

INR 100 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello.. Well I think the cardiologist seeing you would have already suggested you to take minimal dose of aspirin daily...apart from that you need to make sure that you do regular exercises...have less oily food....follow up is also very important in your case....thank you
Dr. Ashish Srivastava
5 yrs. of exp | Noida | General Physician
A angiogram coming out normal after a positive TMT gives two possibilities A false positive TMT Or A microvascular angina To confirm for microvascular angina you need to undergo stress perfusion scan If that is normal then your TMT is false positive You just have to follow dietary and lifestyle changes But If that is positive then you need to be on Aspirin Statin and may be a few anti anginals depending on your symptoms You can undergo a stress echo (exercise) instead of undergoing a TMT Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist