Stitches scars
How to get rid of the stitches scars. I recently had an elbow surgery and got 12 stitches which look horrible. Please suggest a way to lighten my scars

Dr. Venu Kumari
Trichologist 11 yrs exp Hyderabad

There are different types of scars that can occur on the face and body. Most scars are caused by trauma to the skin or surgery. Most people suffer from acne scars. Everyone wants to look good today. Acne scars can take a toll on your self confidence. Scars can be treated by several methods which are chosen based upon the length and breadth of the scar and how dark the scar is. In our clinic (or individual doctor), scar revision is performed using the Nd- Yag laser, topical cream, subcision surgery, or scar excision and revision. Some deeper scars can be corrected using fat grafting or fillers. We understand that patients suffering from acne scars are looking for immediate treatment. Laser procedures promote natural healing process of the body to stimulate collagen growth and a regeneration of healthy skin cells and they are completely painless. There are also chemical peels which lighten the scars giving your skin the opportunity for a fresh start and new outlook. Consult a dermatologist/cosmetologist in your area to know about your treatment options.