Stent removal
Hi, I had kidney stones before 2 weeks and had a DJ stent placed in my kidney. Now I need to remove that. and in the recent scan yesterday there were no stones. Do I need to go through endoscopy again for the removal of stent?

Yeah stent removal can be done only endoscopically. With flexible cystoscope it can done as day care procedure, means no hospital admission is required. It can be done under local anaesthesia. But first make sure the stone is completely cleared. The doctor who put the stent would know about the stone.

How safe is stent surgery Pancreatic stone removal How long do stents last