STD Test and hiv concerns

I suspect an STD due to a recent encounter which did not involve insertion but some rubbing of genitals. At first I suspected a urine infection because of burning sensation and slight pain in lower abdomen. After giving the urine culture sample I started with cefix 200 which I took some years back for a urine infection. The report came out negative. Now in order to take specific tests for chlamydia and gonorrhea should I be off antibiotics for a few days and then take the test. Also what are the chances of Hiv if no intercourse was involved?

Doctor Answers (1) on STD Test and hiv concerns

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Chlamydia and gonorrhoea can only be confirmed if there is any pus discharge from urethral meatus. This can sent for gram stain and culture, from which diagnosis can be made. If there was any body fluids contact with any raw or mucosal surface of your body, then there's a chance of hiv transmission. Now there's nothing much you can do. Get a hiv 1 and 2 test done. Repeat after 3 months again. Consult a general physician for further evaluation.