Sprain in the ankle
Hello, I am a physically disabled person yesterday I fell from my wheelchair and my ankle too all my body weight as I fell now it's swelled up and has pain in it. I need to get it checked but in noida where ever I go they don't have those portable X-Ray machines. And for me getting on to their table to for X-ray is difficult. So please suggest me something.

Dr. Ahsan Khan (PT)
Physiotherapist 5 yrs exp Mumbai

Let the x-ray for later stage. For now. Use PRICE treatment. Protection-No loading on that foot. Rest. Icing of the part- do it every two hours. Compression- use crepe bandage for around ankle joint to keep it compressed. Elevation. Keep the leg on some chair or smthng. So that it would be elevated. If u keep it down most of the time. Swelling wont go.

Hello, We understand your problem and your pain. We are sorry that you had to endure this condition if yours. Ankle joint is different from other joints it needs different angles to get an x Ray done. So it won't be possible if it is dine through portable x Ray projectors and there would be shake of they do so. Just make up your mind for the pain and the technicians over there would really help you out of you ask them to. Consult a orthopedician for your help. Thank you
Dr.J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
General Physician 17 yrs exp Chennai
I am sorry for your pain. But Don't worry, we can set it right - I suggest you consult an orthopaedician who will suggest how best an X Ray can be done without further pain or discomfort