Sprain in ankle

In the month of june i sprained my ankle.it got slightly twisted.i visited a bone setting center they said i sprained my feet and applied a bandaid.he askd for 5 sittings which i doscontinued it. I find a very mild swelling n discomfort in the ankle even now.did not get a xray or scan done. Long walks or standing for long or any kind of strain leads to pain Theres not as such pain but mild prikin and discomfort and slight pain .its been 3 n half months for now it feels the same. I cannot run or walk freely.it priks.please suggest wat tobe done.

Doctor Answers (3) on Sprain in ankle

Dr. Gireesh Kant Snehi Gurgaon | Physiotherapist
Dear mam
You are inviting more dangerous situation for your future.next time you will get grade 3 injury with very mild twist then you feel what mistake you have done.
Go to ortho Dr and they get done with xray and some medicine and then for ankle rehabilitation for 10 days for your proper treatmemt.
Dr. Manvendra Gaur Meerut | Orthopedic Surgeon
It's great to read that you have not visited any orthopedician till yet. Ankle injuries are to be taken very seriously because you can lend up with bad results and Arthritic ankle. Kindly consult an orthopaedician.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there.... I went through your query..... I can understand your concern..... Rest your ankle by not walking on it. Limit weight bearing. Use crutches if necessary; if there is no fracture you are safe to put some weight on the leg.... Compression can help control swelling as well as immobilize and support your injury. Elevate the foot by reclining ..... Get an xray done.... Consult orthopedician......