Sports Hernia

I have athletic pubalgia problem. My lower abdomen and left groin is paining, I had consulted about this problem to a surgeon but he advised for rest. I had this problem during my football game. It has been 3 months and I haven't recovered fully from it. I have done MRI scan but nothing showed. Please guide me to become fully recovered.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sports Hernia

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...., take anti-inflammatory medications, avoid aggravating athletic activities, heat and ice, deep tissue massage and physical therapy.....consider core stabilization exercises as well as countering any imbalance between the various hip, pelvis and thigh musculature..... In many cases, 4 to 6 weeks of physical therapy will resolve any pain and allow you to return to sports. If, however, the pain comes back when you resume sports activities, you may need to consider surgery to repair the torn tissues.....Hope this helps...