Speech problem

For the past 2 to 3 months I am noticing that when I talk words do not come fluently like before.There is always a break or the words get stuck 3 to 4 times in a sentence. What could be the problem .Kindly help as this is becoming a problem during meetings at office.
views-icons 35 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Speech problem

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, it is not sure whether you face this problem in front of delegates or in office or when you meet new people or while taking in a public place. If so you don't have any organic problem. You are just anxious or afraid or just phobia. You need to practice, practice, practice regarding overcome your fear. If the problem happens while taking to friends or with family members then you need to be asked few questions like any problem in naming, reputation, understanding what others tell or whether you are using neologisms in this case consult a neurologist. If you are just afraid consult a psychiatrist for behavioural therapy.