Speaking problems

My daughter she is 2year old now she is not speaking yet.she is able to understand each and every thing .but the problem is she is not speaking yet .so I am very much concerned.what shud I do.

Mr. Pradeep V R
Audiologist 7 yrs exp Coimbatore

First you take your daughter to Speech Language Pathologist and Audiologist. Tell them to do detail assessment. Then come to a conclusion.
Dr. R . Deepak
General Physician 32 yrs exp Pune
Dr. Shruti's advice is quite reasonable . If there is nothing wrong I will advise you to try acupuncture therapy for this. I am a Paediatrician myself and have successfully used this therapy for speech problems , delayed speech etc in my very long practice of over 33 yrs.
Dr. Shruthi M
Pediatrician 4 yrs exp Delhi
If your daughter s development is normal- that is she is able to walk and run on her own, able to hold pen or pencil and draw a line atleast, able to understand simple commands, interacts with all family members with gestures and good eye contact, no hearing problem, then usually it won't be a major problem. Does she speak atleast any meaningful words like call you mummy? Is her development normal compared to other children of same age? I advise you to take her to nearby pediatrician and check with once, requires hearing test, sometimes there can be tongue tie causing speech delay, if everything is normal she may require speech therapy.