Sort of depression

Hi doctor, I am unable to concentrate on any work, actually have a feeling of loneliness and sadness most of the times, which all are in general signs of depression. But i don't have any strong reason to believe that i m in depression. I to confirm if i could be under depression or it could be just a case of mud off or general mind set.

Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

You don't have to believe that u r in depression.  That is the first and foremost  medication to come out of it. As you have other symptoms which is bothering you  better to consult a Psychologist in your city and identify the reason behind. You will be able to have a clarity after that to handle your life
Dr. Kancharla Suresh Reddy
Neuropsychiatrist 6 yrs exp Hyderabad

Hieee...The symptoms u told are part of depression bt one thing u have to remember before diagnosis of depression is duration of symptoms... minimum period to diagnose 2weeks. If symptoms u are experiencing present for more than 2weeks it's definitely depression u better need to consult psychiatrist fr evaluation and management. Duration is less than 2 weeks better be careful and change ur lifestyle n do more physical activity u ll improve much.
Dr. Akshata Bhat
Psychiatrist 5 yrs exp Mumbai

Depression is characterized by symptoms like lowness, irritability, decreased interest in enjoyable activities, feeling guilty, hopeless or worthless, fatigue, decreased concentration and attention, disturbance in sleep and appetite, etc. If you feel like this consistently and over a period of time, I suggest you consult a psychiatrist. Taking a professional opinion will help to alleviate your doubts. If there is a problem, medication and counseling will help you to get better.