Something like Melasma.

Hi.. My mother just had a small spot on her face and which i fear can be the beginning of the so called Melasma. So i think there will be some cure by which it can be prevented from increasing as this looks very odd on anyones face. I hope that this is not related to melasma and if it is something else then please help me to cure it and prevent it from increasing. I hope you will help me out. Thanks..

Doctor Answers (1) on Something like Melasma.

Melasma is a difficult condition to treat as it is known for relapses. A seasoned Dermatologist will explain you more about the condition. A good skin care regimen comprises 4 steps - cleansing, toning, moisturizing and sunblock. Based on your skin type, a dermatologist will recommend you appropriate products. Peels like glycolic acid and lactic acid will help in lightening the skin colour and can be done if needed. Dermapen in combination with mesotherapy also helps. You may need oral medications based on few blood tests. Skin is the mirror of internal health and to get a perfect skin you need to treat both ways - internally and externally. Consult a skin specialist