Sneezing in the morning

My husband starts sneezing heavily in the morning , which also gets coupled with dry eyes. The same might happen at other times of the day as well. He already has dry eyes but the problem gets elevated when sneezing starts. Plz advice if this is an allergy and what treatment can we go for.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello dear......u have allergic rhinitis....my advise is to use mask when u go out as to prevent exposure to allergan and consult ENT specilist for rhinitis. Regarding dry eyes...BLINK a lot....do colc compresses...avoid direct exposure to fan,cooler or A.C. Use good quality lubricating eyedrop more frequently
Y Siva Kumar
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 28 yrs exp Hyderabad
This is allergic rhinitis. It is better to consult a pulmonologist or allergy specialist. Dry eyes along with this condition can be very troublesome, as most medications used to treat allergies can cause more of dry eyes, requiring more use of eye drops to overcome the problem. Don't get disheartened. With careful coordination between the allergy specialist and the ophthalmologist, there could be very good relief from these episodes of allergy.