Smoking from last 6 years

Can i smoke 1 cigrate in a day???? I love smoking and i dont want to leave till i get married. I always want to know if i smoke 1 cigrate a day then what is the chance of getting ill because of smoking as compare to Non smoker or who smoke between 1-10 cigrate in a day. Pls help me in this. I smoke only 1 cigrate in eveing. Can i continue my smoking. I smoke 1 cigrate in a day i promise. Pls reply asap. Thank u.
views-icons 107 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Smoking from last 6 years

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. Smoking one cigarette or half cigarette or even standing next to the person who is smoking is harmful. Therefore you will definitely fall ill. The people who smoke a lot, die a lot younger. The people who don't smoke like longer than the people who smoke. The harm can't be quantified in the number of cigarettes smoked per day. Also, the skin ages faster in smokers than in non smokers so you will look older also faster. Hope you will avoid smoking altogether even in passive form. Best regards, Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
No,, even if you spend time with other people while smoking, your chances of risks to contract smoking related illness will increase many fold, so you smoke yourself even a single cigarette it will garuntee you to increase risks, so please avoid smoking even a single cigarette per day, there are nicotine patches available in market to aid you avoid cravings.