Smoking, Alcohol Addict

My wife is badly addicted to Vodca and Smoking. due to this I am facing huge problems in life.. There is no goal and no dream life in her life.. all she wants is.. she can rest drink and smoke and eat good! Is Councelling going to help? If Not then what? and If yes then Can someone please suggest me a good lady counseller who can really help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Smoking, Alcohol Addict

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Yes, Your Wife can be helped to overcome her addiction after understanding what exactly smoking & drinking means to her. It can all begin with counseling where she could find an alternative goal & certain motivation to go through deaddiction routine which would be physical withdrawal followed by emotional & psychological withdrawal & development of alternative habits in a supportive environment. If I recommend a professional here, it would be just my point of view and need not be the best option for you. You would find a number of psychiatrists and psychologists listed here to pick from. Feel free to shortlist a few, visit them and check if there is a mutual match. What matters most in the whole process is your unconditional love & understanding which will bring her out from the virtual world she has created for herself. Good Luck.