I work from 9:30am to 5:30pm which is 15km away from my house. And then attend classes from 6pm to 9pm 8km away. I travel by scooter. I feel tired and have body pains by end of the day cos of which I am unable to sleep in the nights. What can I do to be able to fall asleep?

Doctor Answers (1) on Sleeplessness

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, firstly I admire your energy levels for the amount of work you put in one day. However, if you don't mind me asking, why travel on your scooter and not take uber or ola? The fares these cabs offer are pretty low for a daily travel. Like for example, you could go on your scooter to work and take a cab for your classes or vice versa. I suggest this because most of the stress gets accumulated on the shoulders and back and if you are on your scooter apart from the time spent on the chair your back is not getting any rest. So due to the stress accumulated there, you always feel too tired to get sleep. Do some exercises for that region and along with that try to listen to some soothing instrumental music before sleeping which will help you relax and cleat all your thoughts. Being such an active person it is possible that the difficulty arises because your mind is constantly work even during bedtime. How this helps!