Sleepless nights

Hi, From past 2 weeks in am having a problem while I sleep , I wake up all of sudden for no reason and I realize that there is a variation in my blood pressure.. I have a feeling of scariness whenever I suffer this I get heavy head, blur vision.. I really need to know if I am suffering from any kind of BP or Insomania

Doctor Answers (1) on Sleepless nights

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Exercise and stay active. Activity helps promote a good night's sleep. Get at least 20 to 30 minutes of vigorous exercise daily at least five to six hours before bedtime.

Avoid or limit naps. Naps can make it harder to fall asleep at night. If you can't get by without one, try to limit a nap to no more than 30 minutes and don't nap after 3 p.m.

Avoid or limit caffeine and alcohol and don't use nicotine. All of these can make it harder to sleep. Avoid caffeine after lunchtime. Avoiding alcohol can help prevent restless sleep and frequent awakenings.

Don't put up with pain. If a painful condition bothers you, make sure the pain reliever you take is effective enough to control pain while you're sleeping.

Stick to a sleep schedule. Keep your bedtime and wake time consistent from day to day, including on weekends.