I am 34 and do study with my job. Despite of 8-9 hrs of sleep, I feel sleepy/ drowsiness very frequently. Also I sleep like complete unconscious state of mind and after waking up, I feel conscious in about 2-3 minutes. As I do study with my job so time management is quite difficult. Therefore, I would like sound sleep in 6-8 hrs with good conscious. Please advice positively.
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
From the description provided by you I understand that the difficulty that you have is a non refreshing sleep.
You should visit a psychiatrist for comprehensive assessment of your sleep patterns, as well as necessary medical and psychiatric evaluation. There can be multiple reasons for sleep related problems and it requires a detailed assessment to identity the causes and then further treatment can be carried out.
However in the meanwhile you should follow the principles mentioned below-
1. Avoid excess caffeine, specifically avoid tea/coffee after 6 P.M.
2. Try and maintain calm and dark sleeping place with minimum disturbances.
3. Fix up a waking up time and stick to it.
4. Do exercise and medication to help you relax.
5. Do not watch television or use internet 1-2 hours prior to sleep.
6. Avoid alcohol or other substances.
7. Use bed only for purpose of sleep and not for reading/television/lazing around.
8. Engage in a hobby and pursuit of your choice.
9. Do not keep in the bed when you are unable to sleep, rather leave the bed and engage in some light activity.
You can try some of these measures, however please consult a psychiatrist near you for further help.
Hope this helps you..
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.