Sleeping disorder

I am 34 and do study with my job. Despite of 8-9 hrs of sleep, I feel sleepy/ drowsiness very frequently. Also I sleep like complete unconscious state of mind and after waking up, I feel conscious in about 2-3 minutes. As I do study with my job so time management is quite difficult. Therefore, I would like sound sleep in 6-8 hrs with good conscious. Please advice positively.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sleeping disorder

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
From the description provided by you I understand that the difficulty that you have is a non refreshing sleep. You should visit a psychiatrist for comprehensive assessment of your sleep patterns, as well as necessary medical and psychiatric evaluation. There can be multiple reasons for sleep related problems and it requires a detailed assessment to identity the causes and then further treatment can be carried out. However in the meanwhile you should follow the principles mentioned below- 1. Avoid excess caffeine, specifically avoid tea/coffee after 6 P.M. 2. Try and maintain calm and dark sleeping place with minimum disturbances. 3. Fix up a waking up time and stick to it. 4. Do exercise and medication to help you relax. 5. Do not watch television or use internet 1-2 hours prior to sleep. 6. Avoid alcohol or other substances. 7. Use bed only for purpose of sleep and not for reading/television/lazing around. 8. Engage in a hobby and pursuit of your choice. 9. Do not keep in the bed when you are unable to sleep, rather leave the bed and engage in some light activity. . You can try some of these measures, however please consult a psychiatrist near you for further help. Hope this helps you..