Sleeping disorder

Daily when I sleep I used to see  violence dream. In that dream I will be victim and I will shout for help and then I wake up. How to stop the dream and when I take little bit alcohol then no dreams comes.

Dr. Ashutosh Singh
Psychiatrist 9 yrs exp Indore

Hi, Thanks for choosing Practo. I have read your query carefully and understood that you are having 'recurrent nightmares'. As trivial it may sound but is very distressing to the sufferer. It can be an isolated symptom but it can also be associated with other disorders like depression and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). I would like to advice you a thorough psychiatric evaluation near you so that the condition may be diagnosed and treatment started. I hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any other help regarding your condition. Regards Dr. Ashutosh Singh Consultant Psychiatrist Apollo Hospitals Indore