Skin rash in vaginal area

Guess there was some irritation and itchiness which developed during periods. I used savlon to wash off the area which has resulted in increased burning and itchiness. Is this serious? Should I consult a gynaecologist?
views-icons 30 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin rash in vaginal area

doctor profile image
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
26 yrs. of exp | Pune | Sexologist
Thank you for your question. You are right that savlon can increase irritation of the vulval skin which is very delicate. If your itching persists and you also have a discharge its probably better to see your gynaecologist. Even if the itching is only on the skin around the vulva or groin it is better to have it assessed and tested correctly than trying different things which may or may not work. Best wishes
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?