Burning in vaginal area
There was possible infection during periods and I used savlon to wash off the area which worsened the itchiness and now there is burning. Is it serious? Should I consult a gynaecologist?

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your question. It appears that you may be suffering from the infection as well as a possible reaction to savlon . Often infections cause the skin to become extra sensitive to irritants. So if you wash with a strong chemical in the hope that the infection will clear, the skin reacts and you can get a rash or burning. you can either see your gynaecologist or a specialist in skin and DVD for help. Best wishes