Burning in vaginal area

There was possible infection during periods and I used savlon to wash off the area which worsened the itchiness and now there is burning. Is it serious? Should I consult a gynaecologist?
views-icons 28 Views Bookmark this Answer

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. It appears that you may be suffering from the infection as well as a possible reaction to savlon . Often infections cause the skin to become extra sensitive to irritants. So if you wash with a strong chemical in the hope that the infection will clear, the skin reacts and you can get a rash or burning. you can either see your gynaecologist or a specialist in skin and DVD for help. Best wishes
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?