Skin problems due to sun

My face, hand and neck is tanned. I have several and frequent breakouts... Mostly Whitehead. My skin is uneven in tone and texture and have fine lines around eyes. My skin around eyes is very itchy. My skin is also dull. Kindly suggest something to remove tan and help me get bright,smooth,even skin tone.

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin problems due to sun

Greetings. Sun tanning can occur even with short exposures and this is a protective mechanism of skin which is called immediate pigment darkening. Don't worry, continue to use a sunscreen of high SPF at least around 30 - and reapply every three or four hours if exposed to sunlight for long duration. The following precautions would help you : 1. sunscreen should be applied half hour before sun exposure 2. Daily bed time use of moisturiser like cetaphil or emoderm in case of dry skin. Reapply during lunch break during office hours. 3. Use Peeling agents prescribed by dermatologist for reducing tan. Chemical peels and micro derm abrasion is also an option. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist as to rule out any other causes of skin pigmentation. 5. You can also read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Hope this helps. Warm regards.
see a qualified dermatologist near you
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging