Skin problem

Sir I suffering from itching all over my body when I itch anywhere there skin becoming red give me reply

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin problem

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
You are probably suffering from acute urticaria. It is a type of allergy where a particular cell in your blood (mast cell) releases a chemical called histamine. This cause redness and itching on the skin. The cells release this chemical in normal people to heal wounds and to attack parasites. But in people with urticaria this chemical is spontaneously released. There are many causes for this. Common causes are insect bites, internal infection in the body (sore throat or urinary infection), certain types of food, medicines given for other problems and many other rare causes. But most of the times the allergy spontaneously subsides in 6 weeks. Till then you can take medicines that block the chemical called anti histamines. You can take levocetrizine 5mg per day. If not subsiding with this visit a dermatologist near you so that all the causes can be examined and ruled out. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore