Skin problem

I have problem related to skin as whenever I go in sunlight,my skin colour goes red and it become painful for me.Please suggest me with proper solution.

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin problem

Thanks for the query. The condition described by you is photosensitivity and can be seen in many skin diseases. Start a broad range Sunscreens to filter the harmful UV rays.  People usually don't use sunscreens as they may be greasy or make your face appear white.There are different type of sunscreens available and there is one for everyone, so find the one that will help you. Kindly meet a dermatologist to get your skin condition diagnosed and he will also recommend a sunblock along with other necessary measures. Remember to mention if you have any hair loss, joint pains or oral ulcers to the dermatologist as it may indicate something serious. Kindly check yourself for vitamin D deficiency. Resort to a healthy diet and lifestyle. Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala New Delhi