Skin problem

I had got some pimples and also some on my back they doesn't give me any pain and nothing they stay for some days and go leaving marks or spots.My doctor advised me to take doxycycline then what is the type of disease and its prevention

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin problem

This is probably acne and doxycycline is well known to be used in this , the dose and duration is decided by your dermatologist based on the skin condition. Acne is a difficult problem to deal with at your age when there are already many issues troubling you. There can be many causes of acne including lifestyle, genetic ,insulin resistance and so on. A comprehensive evaluation will help us identify the cause of the disorder and then it can be treated in a precise manner. ​Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequalae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation and make a path for the flawless skin you aspire for.