Skin problem.

I'm having cystic pimples on my right side of my cheek... When I was 16 I got pimple first time. But those were small in size n never bothered me. But after19 these cystic pimples started to break out(most of the time on cheeks). I read on internet i found itz due to hormonal imbalance. I don't know how itz happening n how to cure it. Please help me. It is effecting my personality n my confidance.

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin problem.

There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequalae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcision, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.   Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala New Delhi