Skin post plastic surgery

My mother got plastic surgery done 3 weeks back, in her toe after an accident. Now we are going for periodical dressing twice every week. Now part of skin below the toe has turned into blue colour and the surgeon says we need to observe it for 2 weeks and if it is not improving then again we have to operate. My doubt is whether we can wait for two weeks? If it is infected, will the infection not spread to other parts? She is a diabetic but her sugar is under control around 100 in fasting and 140-160 after food. Kindly help, we are very much worried. Thanks!

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. You can opt for a second medical opinion by a physical consultation with a plastic surgeon or a vascular surgeon . This medium is limited by the options to examine someone physically and performing needed skills and examination. All I can suggest is to have a opinion from a second doctor and that should be reassuring. Hope it helps you.