Skin lightening

I am a medium brown skinned girl.. I am under treatment for my acne scarring and asked my derm to give a medicine for skin glow and lightening. She prescribed me ethiglo tablets with 500mg L-glutathione. I have read in sites saying that one should take minimum of 2000mg glutathione per day in two doses for effective lightening in 2-3 weeks. So for achieving a visible skin lightening what is the dosage should I take and is there any substitute available for ethiglo because 2400rs for 30 tablets us way too expensive and I can't afford it if I have to increase the dosage. Please help me out. I seriously want to brighten my skin. And please suggest me something which will be visibly effective.
views-icons 61 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin lightening

Dr. Jolly Shah Kapadia Mumbai | Dermatologist
Hi! Glutathione can give results but needs to be taken in higher dosing and for a long time. The results will decline after sometime after stopping it. There are no magical fairness tablets or medicines. You can opt for  laser peel sessions and use sunscreen regularly. Hope this helps.